Rooms and reservations
Our rooms are designed to offer a quiet and uncomplicated space to relax. White walls, polished wood floors and simple furniture are set off with natural fabrics and touches of vibrant local art.
We know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep when you are away from home and that is why the standard of our beds is so important to us. All our beds have high quality, sprung mattresses with a comfortable pillow top. Coupled with lovely, fat pillows with anti-allergic filling you can be sure of a restorative and uninterrupted night’s rest.
Amapola and Azahar
These rooms have a queen bed and a single bed; air conditioning; private bathroom; TV; mini fridge; safe; fans; WiFi and balcony with hammock.
These rooms have a double and a single bed; private bathroom; TV; mini fridge; safe; fans; WiFi and balcony with hammock.
Heliconia (wheelchair access)
These two rooms each have a double bed; TV; safe; fans and WiFi. They share a large bathroom and a balcony with refrigerator. They can be booked together or independently.
These rooms have a double bed; private bathroom; TV; mini fridge; safe; fans; WiFi and balcony with hammock.
Rates and reservations
Prices are shown for double occupancy. A third person is an additional $20.
Peak Season: 23 December – 5 January + Easter Week (2018 March 25-31) + other Costa Rican national holidays.
High Season: 15 de December – 22 December / 6 January – 4 May / 1 July – 31 August.
Low Season: 5 May – 30 June / 1 September – 14 December.
The maximum occupancy is three adults in any room and two adults in Heliconia. With advance notice an extra single bed can be made available in Amapola and Bromelia.
Amapola and Azahar
- 2 PAX
- 2 PAX
Mango and Bromelia
- 2 PAX
- 2 PAX
- 2 PAX
- 2 PAX
Advertised prices are subject to change without previous notification.
Children up to 11 years old are considered as minors. One such child/minor can stay free of charge with their parents/guardians. Where two children/minors are staying with their parents/guardians they will be charged as one adult.
Check in is at 2pm. We will always try and accommodate guests who arrive early and where possible ensure their rooms are made available early. When this is not possible we will keep your luggage safe and offer access to all the hotel amenities while you wait for your rooms to be prepared.
Check out is at 12pm. If you require a later check out time please make sure you have previously cleared this with the reception staff. If we have not expressly cleared a later check out time and your room is not vacated by midday we reserve the right to consider that you wish to extend your stay and to charge for an extra night’s accommodation. In case we do not have a room to offer you for a further night, we reserve the right to pack your possessions and remove them to our luggage store. The hotel will always take great care with your possessions but will not be held responsible for any items left in your room after check out.
All guests staying at Casa Verde Lodge must be registered. Only registered guests have access to the rooms and the hotel facilities. Visitors to the hotel are welcome in the reception area but we respectfully ask our guests not to invite unregistered visitors beyond the reception area. Casa Verde Lodge reserves the right to ask any guest to leave the hotel immediately if their behavior is considered immoral or unacceptable or in case of non-compliance with the hotel rules. No refunds will apply in these circumstances.
Blocking and unblocking your bank card
The hotel will only confirm reservations made with a bank card.
By lodging your card details with us you authorize Casa Verde Lodge to block an amount corresponding to one night of your stay.
When you check in, if you wish to pay using the same card we will charge that card with the full amount of your stay. If you decide you would rather pay in cash or by using a different card, we will unblock the card used to reserve the room/s.
Any changes to your reservation may be made with no charge up to 72 hours before your check in (2pm on the day of arrival). At advertised peak times, changes with no charge must be made 15 days before check in.
All cancellations must be made in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Casa Verde Lodge will confirm your cancellation by return email. No cancellations will be accepted by telephone.
If you are unable to arrive on the day of your reservation and you have not cancelled in writing the hotel will consider your reservation as a NO SHOW and charge for the first night of your booked accommodation. We regret we are unable to offer refunds for unused accommodation.
Casa Verde Lodge will not be held responsible for failure to fulfill any part of this agreement as a consequence of circumstances beyond human control. Casa Verde Lodge will not be held responsible for injury, loss or damages directly or indirectly caused by acts of God, arrest, strikes, riots, civil disturbance, quarantine, weather conditions, traffic conditions, cancelled or delayed flights, disruption to electric or water services or any restrictions of movement imposed by the government. Casa Verde Lodge will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or additional expense incurred as a result of any of the above.
• Check out is at 12pm. Late check outs will be charged an extra night.
• All rooms must be paid for in advance. If you wish to extend your booking please let us know at the reception as soon as possible. We will always do our best to accommodate an extended stay.
• All guests staying with us must be registered. Guests arriving after the reception has closed will be required by the night security guard to leave their passports or identity documents in the hotel safe until the following morning when check-in can be completed.
• We reserve the right of admission at all times. Non-resident visitors are permitted at the discretion of the management and only in the reception area. Non-residents will be asked to leave by 10pm.
• There is NO SMOKING allowed BY LAW anywhere on the hotel premises. If you smoke within the hotel we reserve the right to charge an extra night’s accommodation and you will be asked to vacate the premises.
• The pool is open to residents between 8am and 9pm. Rules for pool use are posted at the entrance to the pool area.
• Everyone deserves a peaceful holiday….so please use headphones for all personal music during your stay at Casa Verde Lodge and keep noise to a minimum, especially after 10pm.
• No cooking is allowed in any of our rooms. Please be aware that if you bring any cooking equipment into the rooms you will be asked to vacate the premises. There will be no refunds.
• Please be aware that if you leave food out it will attract ants and other unwelcome visitors. Keep all open snacks in your refrigerator and dispose of waste quickly in our outside bins.
• Without exception no pets are allowed, of any kind or size.
• If you accidentally lose our keys we have to charge you a replacement cost of $5 per key. Likewise, if you lose, damage or take any of our towels with you by accident, we have to charge you the replacement cost of $10 per towel.
• Your room will be cleaned every day. However, if you are staying more than one night we will change your bed linen every third day. If you require a more frequent freshening up please let us know and we will be happy to oblige.
Any damage or loss to hotel property or the facilities will be charged at the discretion of the hotel according to the reasonable cost of relevant repairs or replacement. Please note that coloured sunscreens leave permanent stains on our sheets.